The origins of the Financial Group can be traced back to the establishment of the Taipei Savings Cooperative in 1948. It was renamed in 1978 as Taipei Business Bank and again in 1998 to become the International Bank of Taipei. The bank then merged with SinoPac through a share-swap deal in 2005 before being officially renamed SinoPac Holdings in 2006.
SinoPac Holdings controls total assets reaching 1.6 trillion NT dollars, with more than 30% of its shares held by international investment firms. The bank continues to expand its global operations and maintains branches in Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Kowloon, Macau, Nanjing, Shanghai, Beijing, Xiamen, Dongguan, Kunshan, Tianjin, Chongqing, Vietnam, and London. Subsidiaries under its banner include banks, securities firms, investment trusts, rental companies, customer service technology providers, and global financial institutions such as insurance agencies and venture capital firms.
SinoPac Holdings is currently one of the four largest private financial institutions in Taiwan.